Spotify is one mega live music streaming service. Its database includes more than thirty million songs. It provides music through two types of accounts. One is free but contains ads, and the other is a premium account. Now, you can also find alternatives o Spotify. That’s why you want to delete Spotify account permanently. If you wish so, then do not worry. We will tell you two methods on how to how to delete Spotify account.
But before going to deep into account cancellation, you need to know some inevitable things. Read them before making a decision. Maybe you change your mind.
These things you need to know
- After deleting the Spotify account, you will no longer access to online and offline playlists. These lists will be removed permanently.
- Your username will be lost forever, and you will no longer make another account with the same username.
- You will lose all followers permanently.
- If you had made a student premium account, then you will not be able to make another account for a year.
- All premium members need to cancel their membership before deleting the account.
How to delete Spotify account 2019: Backing up music data
The right step before deleting the account is to back up your data. For this, you need to download a Spotify music downloader. Here are the steps to back up music data.
Download the Spotify music downloader and install it on your computer. You can use the Tuneskit Spotify music downloader.
Open your Spotify account and drag all tracks on the main screen of the downloader.
Now, you must start converting tracks into your desired format. So, configure the audio format and convert tracks.
Now, download all converted tracks on your computer. It will take a while, depending on the size of your playlist.
How to delete Spotify account: Cancel the Premium Membership
- Log-in to Spotify’s official website.
- Go to the profile section of your account.
- Select the account option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “change plan.”
- Click on “cancel premium.”
- The last step is to click, “Yes, cancel.”
How To Delete Spotify Account: Desktop Method
- Go to your browser and open the Spotify official website. The other method is to reach through the Spotify desktop app. Now, click on the drop-down menu and click “account.”
- Now, go to the Help button and click on it.
- Now, you must type close accounts in the search box and click the search icon.
- A “close account” option will appear in the search results. Click on that option.
- Now, find the “close your account here” option and click on it.
- Now, you must click on the account category.
- Now, you must click on “I want to close my account permanently.”
- The last step is to click on the “close account” option.
How to delete Spotify account From mobile App
Your Spotify account can also be deleted through your mobile phone. Here is the detailed method.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Now, go to top right and tap on the gear option.
- A list will appear, and you must scroll down to the “support” option.
- Now, you will reach the official website of Spotify, and all the steps are the same as described above.
Alternatives to Spotify
Spotify offers you more than thirty million options in music. But there are also many good options for live streaming music. You can use Apply music, which is a little distinguished. Your second option is Google music, where you can find a variety. If you are interested in only a mobile streaming app, then you can use the sound cloud, which is free and contain no ads.
Spotify is not a service that you can forget to pay. You need to pay a premium according to your subscription. If you wish to delete the Spotify account, then we have described two methods for it. The desktop method is convenient, and there will be no issue while deleting it. But the mobile app method can sometimes cause problems. Sometimes the mobile app does not load the official website, and then you have no way to delete your account. So we advise you to use the desktop method.